On 11/28/2017 08:06 AM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
What is the case with users on this list who support both [rolling releases
like the normal CentOS model and 'constrain to the point releases' as is
possible with RHEL]?
I personally run RHEL just like my CentOS installs, as a rolling release.

If you want to get more input on this idea, you might want to also ask the Scientific Linux mailing list, since SL can be run in a 'constrain to the point release' mode with full security updates maintained, and you're likely to get a broader response base as to why this is done.