Fabian Arrotin wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 16:40 -0400, Steve Campbell wrote:
I'm going to have to be a little vague on this one, but hope I provide enough to make the question clear. I'm not doing the work on this server, a co-worker is, but I said I would ask for him.

He is trying to get DRBD installed. He's using Centos 5.1 and the yum repos, but is getting problems with things like the kernel, drbd.so, and the likes. All install fine, but I'm not sure he is getting the proper kernel with the drbd stuff. Almost sounds like he needs a dev rpm from somewhere because drbd.so isn't on the machine after installing the RPMs. (Can't do the insmod drbd.so).

Does anyone have a quick and easy(?) step by step to get it installed?
Have you read the wiki : http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Ha-Drbd  ?

He'll figure out the config if he can get it installed properly. Right now, he's running from source OK, but you all know the arguements for source versus rpm.
Everything is included in the Extras repositories .. no need to compile
from source
Thanks for any help. I'll try and get caught up on what he's doing to better answer any questions presented.

A quick check with him this morning while he was rushing to take a call from the hospital - He says the drbd8.2 rpm has conflicts when trying to yum install.