Karanbir Singh wrote:
Kirk Bocek wrote:
I didn't provide the details because it was strange that the
installation failed at the same point regardless of the booting method I
used. It felt like some basic mistake or mis-setting in the OS. But hey,
I've been wrong before.

Anything interesting on vc#1,3,4,5 ? how about run remote syslog and see
if anything interesting gets in there....

Karanbir:
After rebooting many times and trying different things, I was able to get a bit more information. I was able to get the Anaconda error message by *not* using text mode. X starts up but then kicks back into text mode when this error pops up.

Some of the lines are not quite complete as I had to copy them by hand.

Traceback (most recent call last)
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 900, in ?
    iutil.makeDriveDeviceNodes()
  File /usr/bin/anaconda/iutil.py", line 264, ...
    isys.makeDevInode(...
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda/isys.py", line 422 ...
    isys.mkdevinode...
System Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Does this provide any help?

Thanks,
Kirk Bocek