Kai Schaetzl wrote:
This is my first major version update after using a local repo.
It seems that before I can "yum update" I have to fetch the complete new 5.2 base? Is this correct? When I run yum update it now fails with various strange dependency errors although all the updates are synced. When I change to using the original repo file it wants to download many many more and shows a lot of files that are in base and not in updates.

Kai

That's correct - you'll need the full base, not just updates.

The new base is actually "5.2", and updates are merely packages released _since_ upstream released 5.2 a month ago.