On 17/01/2011, at 7:43 AM, Parshwa Murdia wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Digimer <li...@alteeve.com> wrote:
>
> If you are completely new to Linux, may I suggest you start with Fedora
> or Ubuntu? CentOS is a wonderful distrobution, but it is aimed at
> somewhat more advanced used. It is also designed for servers, so the
> software is much older (and more well tested). One of the downsides of
> this is that the latest version, 5.5, may not support some of your newer
> hardware.
>
> Fedora and Ubuntu doesn't have stability and for all the family members, once
> they are familiar with, they should work at that but Fedora expires soon
> (searched at net), so for stability and all factors, Cent OS would be good, i
> Guess so! It could be used for home PCs too, I hope so.

Doesn't have stability!? News to me (at least for Ubuntu). Seriously though,
you would probably find that a Fedora or Ubuntu would support your desktop
hardware (particularly things like Wireless and Graphics card) much better than
a distribution aimed at servers. It's also a lot more newbie friendly.

> Can you provide me the direct link for torrent of Cent OS 5.5 (one CD is
> enough?)

The *.torrent file available on mirrors is what you want, so probably this:

http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/centos/5.5/isos/i386/CentOS-5.5-i386-bin-DVD.torrent