Hi Vadim,

Is every pool also using your custom crush_ruleset ("step chooseleaf firstn
0 type osd")?
Otherwise Ceph will use the default rule to replicate data on separate
hosts, which, in your case of a single host, cannot work.

You can check it with

    ceph osd dump --format=json-pretty

And in case apply the rule with

    ceph osd pool set <pool_name> crush_ruleset <rulesetId>

And you can check your custom rulseteid with

    ceph osd crush dump

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Vincenzo.

>  Michael, indeed I have pool size = 3. I changed it to  2. After that I
> have recompiled crush map to reflect different sizes of hard drives and put
> 1.0 to 1Tb drive and 0.75 for 750Gb.
>

> Now I have all my PG-s at status "active".  It should be „active+clean“
> isn’t it ?
>
> I put object into the cluster and have
>

>      health HEALTH_WARN 192 pgs stuck unclean; recovery 1/2 objects
> degraded (50.000%)
>
>      monmap e1: 1 mons at {storage=172.16.3.2:6789/0}, election epoch 2,
> quorum 0 storage
>
>      osdmap e19: 2 osds: 2 up, 2 in
>
>       pgmap v42: 192 pgs, 3 pools, 414 bytes data, 1 objects
>
>             75584 kB used, 1619 GB / 1619 GB avail
>
>             1/2 objects degraded (50.000%)
>
>                  192 active
>

> Does that mean object is stored at wrong place?  Or set up is still
> incomplete?
>

> Thanks.

Vincenzo Pii
Researcher, InIT Cloud Computing Lab
Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW)
http://www.cloudcomp.ch/