Vadim,

I think the issue is probably this:  we've made many of the defaults more
realistic for what would actually get put into production. In your case,
you are working with a 1-node cluster. Our quick start guides now reflect a
3-node cluster. In your case, your osd crush chooseleaf type is set to 1 by
default, which means that PGs mapped to one OSD are looking to peer with
PGs on another OSD, but on a different host. That's why you see "active,"
but you don't see "clean."

Take a look at the quick start from v0.69:
http://ceph.com/docs/v0.69/start/quick-ceph-deploy/  It's out of date now,
but it gives you a specific instruction to add osd crush chooseleaf type =
0 in your Ceph configuration file. I think I recall having to adjust the
CRUSH map after this change, but it's been awhile since I've done that.
Anyway, the reason your PGs aren't peering is very likely that CRUSH is
looking for OSDs on other hosts, not on the same host.

John

John Wilkins
Senior Technical Writer
Intank