> We have used sDSL from two ISPs for our webservers. The first was
> Concentric and it was terrible service. The second was UUnet and
> their service has been great! I don't recall it going done. We
> get 1 Mb both ways for $399/mo - which is much cheaper than a T1
> at $1200-1800/mo. Even a burstable T1 at $799/mo cost more. I
> think the key is going to a quality ISP instead of the cheapest
> in the barrel and having a good phone line to run it on.
> - Michael Smith, TeraTech, Inc http://www.teratech.com/

I can only speak from aDSL experience, but the problem that you have with it
compared to a T1 is that the aDSL line has a certain pipe size at the ISP,
this pipe is shared over all of the DSL customers... what this means is that
if you have an ISP that has a small amount of DSL pipe, and sells it to
loads of customers, then your speed is dependant on the concurrent usage by
all customers

Note sure if it works that way in the States, but that's how it is with the
UK ISPs I've spoken to...

Philip Arnold
ASP Multimedia Limited
T: +44 (0)20 8680 1133