Howard,

At the same time as the Reagan government directly funded the contras,
these groups were attacking civilian targets, such as medical clinics,
relief supplies distribution centers. I have a couple of friends who were
with Doctors without Frontiers at the time whose clinic was attacked by the
contras more than once.

By the common definition then that is considered terrorism.

regards,

larry