Define a programming language and see if CF fits into it. Does it store variables? Do
conditional logic? iterate loops? convert data? What makes C++ a programming language
and CF not one? If you say that CF is just built on top of C++, then every C++ and
java programmer aren't really programmers as they're not writing machine code.
The argument is an artificial one.
I'm a programmer because I use a computer language to write applications (even a
single template) that runs on a computer to process some data.