> whats the difference?

You'll probably get lots of disparate answers to this question.

I've heard people use the difference to indicate that a "developer" does
planning and architectural design work whereas a "programmer" just does
programming and makes sure an application achieves the features requested in
the functional specification, without regard to wholistic questions about
what the application is for or who will use it. Which is usually what I
intend to imply when I tell people I'm a developer (that is, that I do more
than just programming).

I've also seen or heard people make the distinction that a "programmer" is
someone who works with traditional ( usually compiled ) languages like C/C++
and Java whereas a "developer" just "toys with web scripts and other
interpreted stuff"... This isn't a distinction I much care for, because imho
it encourages a gratuitous continued antagonism between the "old-school" and
the new, but I've heard it used.

Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046