I agree you'll find alot of people who don't know and who didn't goto
college.
But I can pretty much say that you'll find people from college that don't
know either.

I know I understand all those concepts and I never went to college I've been
doing software in all forms for 8 years now. I've taken training from gurus
to cover all the bases and to me more knowledge is a huge motivation for me
its awesome to learn more and more. I am also going to College classes in
free time (not much with side work and teaching CF) to get a degree so I
don't have to ever be told I'm not giving you this job because I gave it to
someone with a college degree instead.

My view is you'll find people who don't know crap anywhere, for the people
that goto college and don't know crap you should feel worse for since they
spent all the money and time and SHOULD have learned by didn't.

But on the norm I agree that you will find many people who don't know the
more detailed parts of "programming/developing/yadda yadda"

Bill Wheatley
Senior Database Developer
Macromedia Certified Advanced Coldfusion Developer
EDIETS.COM
954.360.9022 X159
ICQ 417645