Yes I know, I mean specifically for enforcing complex business logic
coming from a web application written in CF.

Even more specifically I have no control over the database in
question, and my only interface to the db is a set of tables with
insanely complex triggers on them to check the data and then insert
the data into another table on their side.

If you had to insert 100 pieces of data into a table, and the database
does validation of that data and passes back any errors, would you
want to do it via an SP or a trigger? I say SP...they say trigger.

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]