> > However, I would strongly argue that in CFMX you really
> > should no longer be using cfinclude'd UDF libraries. The
> > libraries should be converted to CFCs. If you're worried
> > about performance, don't be.
>
> This is 100% wrong. At least in my opinion. UDFs are NOT the
> same beast as CFCs, and there are cases when you should use
> one or the other.

Really? I think this argument is pretty compelling. I see no reason why you
shouldn't use CFCs as "static" classes, or simply containers for UDFs that
are related in some way or another. Personally, I think the idea of a static
"Math" CFC is as useful as a CFINCLUDE that contains a bunch of math
functions. In the worst case, it seems like six of one, a half dozen of
another. I'm curious about your reasoning on this.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444