You don;t need to trim these down to 16 chars as that isn't the max length
you can store in a SQL 'text' field - it's something like up to 2Gb of data
(on SQL2K) - even though the length says 16 on the table design (I think
this was discussed in a thread here 2 or 3 weeks ago) and changing this
length will make no difference. The SQL text field is like a memo field in
Access.

So with the data you are inputting to MessageTitle, MessageTeaser and
MessageBody you should have no problem.

You've not given the field length for the 'Status' column into which you;re
trying to insert
16 chars - could this be the problem ?

Alex