Jeff,

I'll back you up. MM has a long history of abandoning products. Everyone
seems to act like CF is invincible, yet it was sold by Allaire a little
over a year ago.

The sad fact of the matter is that MS is more trustworthy than MM, when
it comes to secure futures for its developers. I mean, C# could be the
biggest failure of all time, but MS would ride it out and C# developers
would have jobs for a long time to come. JSP is stable, because it's not
a company centric language. It's the CF developers who are up late at
night wondering what the future holds.

Do you think MM will keep CF around if it starts to tank? Phat chance.
If the software doesn't sail, these captains jump before the women and
children. I know I'm not the only one who learned Generator. :)

I'd just like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone to learn a
new language. Even if you don't use it extensively, you can at least
secure peace-of-mind.

Adam Wayne Lehman
Web Systems Developer
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Distance Education Division