Hi everyone,

Has anyone received the message "Session is invalid" on his CFMX app?

We have a DNS configuration a little bit specific :
10.10.10.10     www.ourdomain.com
10.10.10.10     *.ourdomain.com (which mean any subdomains are redirected to
10.10.10.10)

Application.cfm starts with :
<cfapplication
    name="ourApp"
    sessionmanagement="yes"
    setdomaincookies="no"> (changing this to "yes" does not solve the
problem)

The application runs fine and the session are available to all requests
under www.ourdomain.com or another subdomain.ourdomain.com.
But after some period of inactivity in the same browser, we surf again on
www.ourdomain.com , it's OK (the session is still there) but when we go to
subdomain.ourdomain.com, we got the "Session is invalid" message.
The error is threw during the <cfapplication> tag.

The only solution is to close the browser in order to get a new SessionID.

When I got the problem, I looked at the cookie values :
- CFID&CFTOKEN have the same values under www.ourdomain and
subdomain.ourdomain.com pages,
- JSESSIONID have different values under www.ourdomain and
subdomain.ourdomain.com page.

So JESSIONID is out of sync... (probably the reason why I get the "Session
is invalid" error message).

Anyone has the same problem?
Is it a bug?

We are running CFMX updater 3 on Win2000 with Apache2 with J2EE session.
(same problem on RedSky...)

I'm going to disable the J2EE session variables to see if it solves the
problem.

Benoit Hediard
www.benorama.com

ColdFusion and related topics.