where is #ID# coming from (might wanna consider scoping it)?

it's not that it's getting converted...it's that its value is an empty string.  even val() won't convert an empty string.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sam Fisher
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 1:32 PM
  Subject: value "" cannot convert to number

  Hi Everyone,
        Can someone tell be why I get a string convert error.  I have tried setting up ID to Val(ID) and even IncrementValue(Val(ID)), but all it ever returns is either 0 or 1, respectively.  Apparently ID is not getting converted.  "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"  What is wrong with converting a string to a number, especially when the string is just a concatenation of numbers?

        Many thanks,
        Sam

        The value "" cannot be converted to a number
        155 : <CFOUTPUT>#ID#</CFOUTPUT>
        156 : <CFSET ID=ID + 1>