From: Sean Daniels [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 March 2004 16:16
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Writing Files without CFFILE

  Hey all,

  I have a CF script that is used to generate about 14,000 static HTML
  files from dynamic content (don't ask). I am looping over a query using
  <cfsavecontent> to save the HTML code for each page and then writing to
  a file with CFFILE. As this process runs, I sit here and watch the CF
  process gobble up RAM. When it hits about page 12,000 my RAM is
  completely spent and the server crashes (hangs).

  So. I'm thinking CFFILE simply isn't the right tool for this job. Does
  anyone out there have a suggestion for an alternate way of writing the
  files. I'm thinking maybe using the underlying Java in CFMX or
  something.

  Thanks in advance people.