If you use SVN + DFS, you will only pull the files you need from a remote
server  (SVN) once, and then DFS will propagate only the changes between
your local servers.  Doing svn update on every server will load the changes
once for every server from the remote location (unless your svn server is on
site there as well).

Either way, the beauty of DFS is that it auto replicates things without your
intervention, unless it breaks.

Russ