From: Charles Sheehan-Miles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 10 September 2007 12:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Odd behavior when using cfform inside a CFC

Hi all,

Here's my situation, and its a bit odd.  I've reproduced it under a
couple of different contexts.

I have a number of CFC methods which handle page processing for my
application.  It typically looks something like this:

<cffunction name="blah....
<cfargument blah....
<cfset var="result">
<cfsavecontent variable="result">
page content executes here: example:
</cfsavecontent>
<cfreturn result>

Here's the issue.  This works just fine, but I'm starting to play
with cf8 cfforms, particularly cfgrid.  What's interesting is that
the first time I call one of these pages, the grid works fine. On
subsequent page loads, I don't get any of the coldfusion javascript,
so I get no grid.  Looking at the page source at the browser, the
scripts don't even show up.

It I have the ajax calls in a vanilla cfm template, they load every
time. But when loaded from a cfc -- the scripts only appear the first
time.  Anyone run into anything like this?

Charles Sheehan-Miles | http://www.sheehanmiles.com
Author of Republic: A Novel of America's Future

.....Sparse, clean narrative... Pay attention to this new book... --
Pulitzer
Prize winning journalist John Hanchette, Niagara Falls Reporter

This novel ...may be prophetic...It will disturb you...It should. --
DailyKos