Why don't you divide it up, try to learn one thing at a time?  You do not
have to have Eclipse/CFEclipse to be using SVN.  So you could start to learn
things about SVN and stay on your current Homesite.  It might mean checking
code in/out via windows explorer or some SVN client but really that is not a
huge thing to get in the habit of doing while learning things.  I personally
use SVN via some plug-in that works with Explorer, I'd have to look to say
which plug-in it is since do not recall offhand.