From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 12:30 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Another debate

As long as you write good code and follow all the security notes from the
Allaire security zone, there is no security problem. From the tone and
message of the email, he doesn't really care to hear the truth about it.
To be honest, PHP has its strengths, but its still a script based language
rather than a tag based one which means its slower to write than CF when
integrating into HTML and doing output. Its DB work isn't all to good and
the error handling is almost non-existent. If you look on the PHP site,
there's actually a rather informative comparison of the two on some
features.
If the boss wants to listen and add PHP to your companies skill set, then
I'd agree with him. If he just wants to dump all of the CF stuff for PHP,
then argue with him about it. Bring your proofs and back it up with the fact
that CF is accepted by the corporate industry while PHP isn't (yet).