Ray, thanks for this.  I can see you get your kicks writing bits of code
like this dont you.   You've gone waaaaaaaay past answering my question as
you usually do,  and I'm most grateful.   I have a suspicion your idea of a
relaxing evening on your vacation is a coding problem and a laptop, where
the rest of us will waste our time on a cold beverage and warm company on
the couch.

Actually Ray waiting for the image to finish uploading IS an issue.    We
frequently see the webcam page with no image on it because the page
refreshed while the new image was uploading.  I experimented with getting
ColdFusion to read the file and write it out to another file, and have the
page call that one, but coldfusion still hiccupped when there wasn't a
complete image.  ( I never got to finishing writing a handler for that -
this is a probono site for me and I had to move on to paying work.)

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month