Yes yes yes, I know its been done and done again here.    I'd like to know
the opinion of some of you who've been down this road a few times  - its
quite a while since I've moved hosts.. here's my issue:

I need to move to a new hosting company from the one I have my small
business sites on.   These are the mom-pop businesses that make up quite a
bit of my business.    Typically they're relatively stable sites with a
SQLServer2005 database in a shared hosting environment.

My hosting wholesaler has pissed me off once too often and I am going to
move that part of my business somewhere else.

I am thinking of a virtual server in the cloud,  moving to Linux and Railo
from Windows2003 Server and ColdFusion.

[A]  OS move:
I'm aware from past experience that I'm going to get some links that fail
because Linux is case sensitive in filenames and Windows isnt.   I've tried
to be disciplined in using filenames because of that but I just know there
are going to be some links or cflocations that fail on that account.

Are there any other 'gotchas' moving from windows to linux?

Is there any benefit of one flavour of Linux over another?

[B] Server environment move:

How about moving from ColdFusion (currently v9) to Railo?    Is it REALLY
compatible?   Am i really likely to be able to just copy my files to a
Railo environment and have most of them work ok?   What's been your
experience with that move?

--
Cheers
Mike Kear