Thank you everybody, I'm glad I asked.    I have changed my plan now.
 Cameron and others  made a  good point.   I was trying to do too many
thing at once.     My plan now is to get a new hosting environment as
similar as possible to my current one, so its gives me the most chance that
I'll be able to just copy everything over and most of it will work as is.
 Then work from there on the transition to Linux or the cloud and Railo in
two more steps.

Thanks to a suggestion from another member of this list off-list I'm not
going with the cloud just yet,  I'll go with a VPS at Viviotech and work
from there.   So far every question I've asked they have said "yes we can
do that all you do is ....   "

Once again this group helps me out.  In this case, I can see if I had gone
with my original plan,  it MIGHT have worked out ok, but with my luck the
odds were that it would give me a lot of grief before it was all said and
done.    Thank you all

I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Cheers
Mike Kear