Ok so now I'm ok with Viviotech again.    They're a fine company and
sensitive to customers hot buttons.     The support guy I spoke to said
something that really pressed a button and in my usual hot-blooded fashion
I went incandescent.    I really should learn to take a deep breath once in
a while.

Anyway the result is when I called Viviotech back again after I'd cooled
off a bit ( and i sincerely regret I didnt wait to send the above post to
CF-TALK )   the same guy had had a think about our previous conversation
and took a different tack.    We got me set up for managed support and in
the mean time he had researched the answer to my problem, and we went on
from there.     Also, Jordan Michaels the co-owner of Viviotech wanted to
talk to me too.    I thought he was going to give me a lecture about
patience (he'd have been justified ) but no, he was ready to listen and
understood my issue entirely.

My issue is now resolved, and my anger has gone away.   And I'm impressed
that no one at Viviotech made any attempt to wiggle their way away from me
and onto something else (the standard tactic when you call plenty of other
companies)  - they stuck with the problem until it was resolved.

So i'm having a bit of a roller coaster of a day.   Began high in positive
energy,  went downhill when I coudln't get my first account up and going,
 then back up again when they dealt with me so well.  I'm sure some of you
already know I can be a difficult bugger to deal with if you press the
wrong buttons, and Viviotech handled it all well.

I'm a happy customer.

--
Cheers
Mike Kear