Ok that's good news, Dean. I see code insight as a  big benefit of
ColdFusion Builder, but so many things are going wrong these days I was
getting to assume that this was just not going to work for me.
 (Sometimes I think there's a malicious supreme being looking over me
saying "nah ah.   you can't do that" )

So when i create a new CFC, I have to enter it into the ColdSpring.XML so
Coldspring can find it and also into the CFC Mappings in CFBuilder, as you
described.   Right?

Cheers
Mike Kear

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Dean Lawrence <dean...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Code insight does work on CFC that have been invoked using ColdSpring, you
> just need to tell CFB where to find the CFC. Just follow these steps:
>
> 1. In the project properties, click on the "CFC Mappings" link.
> 2. Click on the "New" button in the "CFC Variable Mapping" section.
> 3. Enter usersDAO for the variable name
> 4. Enter the dotted path from the website root to the CFC (I keep mine in
> model directory so I would enter model.userDAO)
> 5. Click "Ok" to save and exit the properties dialog.
>
> After you do this, whenever you create a variable named usersDAO, CFB will
> present code insight for any methods found in usersDAO CFC. So your example
> would work fine.
>
> usersDAO = application.beanfactory.getbean("usersDAO")
>
> Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month