>> Just to clarify: from the machine running CF, if you use a browser,
>> can you get to the site correctly?
>
> No, I cannot access the site from the machine running CF.

OK, this is good! This means it's not a CF problem.

>> If the server admin can't tell you why a machine he or she manages
>> can't get to a remote server, you need to replace your server admin.
>
> I am not the decision maker who can replace server admins. The server admin
> told me they do not
> restrict outbound traffic nor there are any rules in firewall blocking that
> site. I already checked the
> localhosts file and nothing in it also could be stopping it.

Well, I was being a bit facetious. I didn't expect you to fire the server admin.

But - and now I'm being completely serious - the server admin should
be able to diagnose the problem preventing the server that he manages
from connecting to this other server. This is clearly not a CF
problem.

This could be caused by many things. Here's what I'd try to look at,
if I were you (assuming you have console access):

Do you get the correct IP address when you ping the server?
Where does it fail if you do a traceroute to the server?
Are other servers from the same network able to connect to the server?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.