there are lots of ways of achieving this, but they depend on your setup.

Where is the other page?
Is it on the same server?
If not, is it on a server which would be able to read a domain cookie set
on the first page?
Are both pages ColdFusion scripts?
Where are the usernames and passwords stored (DB, file, WinNT users), or is
there just one username and password?

Mark