Yesterday we sent an email to Macromedia ColdFusion hosting partners
regarding the new Hosting Service Provider Edition of ColdFusion Server 5
that was cross-posted to this list. The information in the email was
unclear, which caused some confusion about ColdFusion Server 5 pricing and
licensing policies in general. On behalf of the team, first I want to
apologize for any confusion caused by the email.

ColdFusion Server 5 is a very exciting release. The focus has been on
building features that developers have been requesting for years. You'll
find support for user defined functions, incremental page output, charting,
a new administrator, and major performance increases among other cool
features. At the same time that we've been building enhancements, we've been
very focused on quality, and so far, the feedback in the beta program has
been very positive.

With the exception of the Hosting Service Provider Edition, we're not
changing the basic licensing policies or pricing. As a merged company, we're
focused on the needs of ColdFusion developers more than ever. Macromedia is
deeply committed to the ColdFusion community and the vision behind
ColdFusion Server, and we're making a significant investment in the product.
We understand that having high quality hosting options is important to
developers, and one of our focuses for this release is to expand the number
of service providers participating in our hosting partner program.

When we announce formally on Monday, there will be a lot more information
available about the new release on our Web site. To help clarify the Hosting
Service Provider Edition policies, we've posted an FAQ about the new edition
at:

http://www.allaire.com/products/coldfusion/cf5hostingfaq.html

If you have more questions or concerns about this new edition, please feel
free to drop me a note. I'm looking forward to your feedback on ColdFusion
Server 5!

Jeff Whatcott
Director, ColdFusion Product Marketing
Macromedia