Apache does not officialy support Apache Web Server on windows.
Apache was designed for Unix from the ground up, it is just
incredibly portable so it made its way to windows.

Consider it (really good) beta quality software.

Jeremy Allen
elliptIQ Inc.
--
http://www.neighborware.com
America's Leading Community Network Software