I have never had a problem with it either.

To support my argument, from the FAQ about
windows....

"Warning: Apache on NT has not yet been optimized for performance. Apache
still performs best, and is most reliable on Unix platforms. Over time NT
performance has improved, and great progress is being made in the upcoming
version 2.0 of Apache for the Windows platforms. Folks doing comparative
reviews of webserver performance are still asked to compare against Apache
on a Unix platform such as Solaris, FreeBSD, or Linux."

Now it also says everything prior to 1.3.15 should
be considered beta quality. I realize it is stable
and I have never had ANY problems with Apache on
my windows machine either. I would still be wary
in a windows environment with Apache if your seeing
scalability or stability issues. They even say it
is "most reliable" on Unix platforms implying there
may not be equal reliability on a Windows platform.

Thanks

Jeremy Allen
elliptIQ Inc.
--
http://www.neighborware.com
America's Leading Community Network Software