From: jon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 9:43 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: alternatives to MS SQL

There's TONS of support for MySQL, albeit from a community perspective. I
would imagine that it wouldn't be too much trouble to find a consultant
with a fair amount of experience with it.

Also, phpmyadmin is a decent interface to mysql... (there are, of course,
others... but nothing I've seen that quite compares to the M$ SQL
enterprise manager)

I mean -- I can understand their reluctance, but how widely deployed is
PervasiveSQL. So pervasive, that no one has ever heard of it? In contrast,
mySQL is deployed on probably millions of sites out there.

        -- jon

-----
jon roig
epilepsyfoundation.org