Hello all -

If you were told within the next year your application was going to be put
in 8 different languages, not including languages that use symbols, what
would be your approach. Most, if not all of our entry pages have text
describing what the user needs to do as well as many entry points for the
user to enter information.  Im not concerned with multi-language input,
because most of our application the user enters name, address, phone, and
then numbers associated with pay increases. Is there 3rd party software
that can convert any US text on the screen to French, Spanish, etc. OR do
you table drive your entire application putting chunks of text and field
name labels in a database and call the appropriate language. (In this
scenario the user would set a language preference on login and all text
would be called using that preference setting.) What is "best practice"? I
certainly do not want to create a duplicate template for each language,
then if 1 code change has to occur it has to happen in 10 different
templates.

Your advice/insight is appreciated.
Casey Cook