> 1. Do you place them in the root of the site you're working
> in or the custom
> tags directory and

A UDF must be in the local scope. Think of it like a variable. I can't
cfoutput #x# unless I defined it earlier. Now, just like variables, UDFs
do not need to be on the same physical page. I can <CFINCLUDE> a
template that contains the UDFs, or define them in the Application.cfm
file.

> 2. How do you call and use them as far as within your scripts.

They act just like BIFs, or built in functions. Consider:

<!--- ArrayLen is a built in func --->
<cfset foo = arrayLen(x)>

<!--- countIT is a udf ---->
<cfset foo = countIt(x)>

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus