From: Brian Eckerman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 3:05 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Does cfcookie depend on cfapplication

Hello, this is my millionth question this week.

I am trying to validate a user with a root application (CFAPPLICATION
NAME="MAIN"...)
then I want to store the permissions I got from the LDAP table and
switch contexts depending on which
departmental link the user clicked on, (CFAPPLICATION NAME="ASSET
RECOVERY"...)
I want to be able to access the variables I stored earlier.

So far I tried
Client Variables- ( Do not span across CFAPPLICATIONs)
Copying Session from one CFAPP. to anouther with REQUEST Scope ( no way
to get them from one department to anougther)

I though CFCOOKIE would be my Holy Grail because  (I thought) they would
be specific to one user, and span CFAPPLICATIONS.
        Even better they expire when the Browser closes.

(beats head against wall)
Unfortunatly when I do the following (pseudocode)

-----------------
file1.cfm

<CFAPP. NAME="MAIN">
<CFCOOKIE NAME=permissions VALUE="x,y,z">
file2.cfm

<CFAPP. NAME="ASSET_RECOVERY">
<CFOUTPUT>
#IsDefined("Cookie.permissions")#

It outputs "NO"

ARGGGGGGGGHHH

Is there anything specific to a user but spans CFAPPLICATION?

HELP!