From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric
O'Connell
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 11:29 AM
To: cfcdev@cfczone.org
Subject: [CFCDEV] "Rails-Style" Migrations (for fun and profit?)

Hi folks,

I started to get anxious about keeping my developer and production
database schemas in sync, so I decided to implement a rails-style
migration functionality. I'd already implemented about 90% of it when I
came across cf_rails, but I thought I'd show it off anyway. Like
cf_rails, it is currently mssql-only, but a connection adaptor layer
could be added fairly easily.

Anyway, here's what the migration syntax looks like:

<cf_create_table tableName="foo" force="true">
<cf_column name="bar" type="varchar">
<cf_column name="baaz" type="integer">
</cf_create_table>

<cf_add_column tableName="foo" name="quux" type="datetime">

<cf_remove_column tableName="foo" name="baaz">

<cf_drop_table tableName="foo">

And here is an actual migration script:

<cfcomponent extends="com.iba.migration.instance" output="yes">
<cffunction name="up" returnType="void" output="no" access="remote">
<cf_add_column tableName="cart" name="discountCode" type="varchar(30)">
</cffunction>

<cffunction name="down" returnType="void" output="no" access="remote">
<cf_remove_column tableName="cart" name="discountCode">
</cffunction>
</cfcomponent>

If anyone is interested in it, I could clean it up and release it. If
not, oh well :)

Eric O'Connell
IBA Webmaster
-
941-921-7443 x15
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.bodytalksystem.com

You are subscribed to cfcdev. To unsubscribe, please follow the
instructions at http://www.cfczone.org/listserv.cfm

CFCDev is supported by:
Katapult Media, Inc.
We are cool code geeks looking for fun projects to rock!
www.katapultmedia.com

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this
received this communication in error, please notify First Data
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.