Ryan> So I decided to extend your idea a bit to the following:

Ryan> sub My::App::app_enter{
Ryan>    my $self = shift;
Ryan>    my $per_hit = Class::Prototyped->new;
Ryan>    $self->reflect->addSlots( 'per_hit*' => $per_hit,
Ryan>                              per_hit => $per_hit );
Ryan> }

Oooh. Cool.  Shiny Object.

Now, are you starting to see why I started with Class::Prototyped?
I *knew* stuff like this would show up. :)

This is definitely going into my snippets file.  I hope to have a
CGIP::Cookbook in a future release, or maybe we'll just take turns
updating CGIP::FAQ.