"A. Pagaltzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * Terrence Brannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-09-04 03:15]:
>> To me, that means "no cookies". But your discussion of 401 and
>> 403 would imply such a mechanism for recognizing who made the
>> request?
>
> I do (still?) use cookies.

I think it is pragmatic that the first hit to a website be
cookie-based if possible.

What if you had to visit aristotle.perlmonks.org instead of simply
visiting perlmonks.org and having it authenticate you based on a
cookie?

Nothing but cookie-based recognition will ever fly in the corporate
world for the first hit.