Hi Steve,

Very cool stuff indeed.

> I converted their demo app -> http://www.modernmethod.com/sajax/sajax-
> 0.8/php/example_multiply.php to one running on my code using C::A ->
> http://www.unobserved.org/misc/rs/

[*SNIP*]

> The example uses 2 very simple run-modes, a multiply and a divide run-
> mode. The divide() run-mode takes advantage of how to handle error
> messages when communicating with the script remotely.

I posted about a similar technology on the list just over a year ago [1].
It uses a library called JSRS [2]. I've written a perl module to interface
with the library -- it can be found under the JavaScript::RPC namespace [3].

My module works slightly different in that you need to use it as your base
class. Also, method parameters are sent to the sub via @_ rather than
through the query string errors are reported just by die()ing. (Though,
obviously you could write a module to do things similarly for AJAX)

You can see these differences in the demo usage [4].

Anyway, I'm glad that this is finally becoming main-stream -- perhaps it
will influence the way we write applications.

Cheers,

-Brian

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/cgiapp@lists.erlbaum.net/msg01593.html
[2] http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/