Sometimes in my project I now get an error like this when I try to
compile a module with 'perl -cw'.

The module named involved changes sometimes, and there doesn't actually
seem to be a real problem:

Can't locate class method 'ComCal::CGIApp::add_callback' via package
'ComCal::CGIApp'
   at CGI/Application/Plugin/DebugScreen.pm line 134

My "ComCal::CGIApp' inherits from CGI::App through 'use base'.

What could be the problem?

<light bulb>

The answer is that CGI::App 4 is not installed in the system path.

'perl -cw' isn't finding it, but the scripts are configured with the
right 'use libs' line, so they don't have a problem.

Workaround:
Add 'use lib' lines to the modules I want to compile in my editor so
they find the right CGI::App module.

    Mark