Mark Stosberg wrote:
Michael Peters wrote:

I think we should drop 'CGI' from the name. It has a very negative connotation with some people. They think that CGI scripts are 1990's web even though almost
all dynamic web sites operate over the CGI protocol.

Web::Application? Web::App ?

I agree, and I don't think we should wait for Perl6 to do this. Perl5 will be here for a /long time/.

I think "Web::Application" is a logical choice. I think it would be easy to publish a distribution where "CGI::Application" continued to work as a synonym, (think "use base 'Web::Application'. :), so there would be backwards compatibility.

That should make it a smooth transition. :-)

:Robert