<select name="user"
<option value="1">Bob</name>

When I do a $user = $result->valid('user'):

#1 Is what getting passed back the value (i.e. 1) or "Bob"?
#2 When I do a constraint on that is it on the value (i.e. 1) or "Bob"?

D::FV just validates what the web page returns and doesn't look at the HTML, and
HTML forms just submit the value, not the label attached to that value. Also,
for future reference, whenever I have a question about what a form is sending to
my server code, I use Firefox with the LiveHTTPHeaders plugin. Works wonders for
this kind of thing as well as tracking down cookie and other header related
problems.

Just installed it...way cool. I have that and Firebug now.

Robert