I was wondering if anyone is either working on a Log4perl plugin or is currently using it in CA with a simple pre-run wrapper.

I tried a couple ways but am not quite getting it:

    # this one is in cgiapp_prerun
    Log::Log4perl::init( $self->cfg('logger_conf') );
    $self->param( 'logger' ) = Log::Log4perl->get_logger( 'trakker' );

    sub logger {
        $_[0]->param( 'logger' );
    }

    # my config file has a line that points to the logger.conf file
    $cfg{logger_conf} = 'cfg/logger.conf';

I have tried variations on that to try and get:

    $self->logger->info( "the message" );

So I thought I would see if anyone has done this successfully.

I know there is a plugin for Log::Dispatch but I already use Log4perl for other things and really one logger is enough. : )

Robert

Robert