Hi Mark

On 21/11/12 12:49, Mark Stosberg wrote:

>> I am planning to change CGI::Snapp's base class from Hash::FieldHash to
>> Moos (sic).
>
> I would definitely support using one of the Moose-compatible projects. I
> am thinking of moving PSGI::Application from Any::Moose to Moo.

I just had another look at Moo. I'm undecided so far.

> I looked at 'Moos' a bit as well. I factored in that Moo has quickly
> traction and has a number of extensions and users already, while Mouse
> appears to have lost steam, and Moos appears to have a rather small user
> base at this point as well.

I'll have to investigate the extensions before deciding.

Since Moo is comparatively small, it's definitely a possibility.

>> Unifying them has other benefits, since I have some modules which will
>> dove-tail nicely by switching to Moos as well:
>>
>> o Local::Config. This loads a config file per project. It wraps
>> File::HomeDir to load a file using the project's name.
>>
>> o Local::Logger, which uses the project-specific dbh from
>> Local::Connector, since my projects all log to a db.
>>
>> o Local::Connector. This uses Local::Config's per project file to wrap
>> DBIx::Connector to create a project-specific dbh.
>
> I'll be interested to see these. In parallel, I've been developing Moose
> roles for PSGI::App for config file loading, logging and databas access.

I'll look at any private data they might contain, and upload them to my
web site.

A few minutes ago I added Local::Session, to wrap Data::Session.
Naturally it uses Local::Connector.

> What I have now is for Moose and a bit project-specific, but I plan to
> make CPAN-ready Moo-based variants at some point.

Would you support Moo /and/ Moose variants long term? I wouldn't bother
myself.

Or are you saying the public versions would use Moo?

> I wrote more about the config role here, and posted a link to some
> similar code:
>
> http://www.modernperlbooks.com/mt/2012/11/the-curious-case-of-the-justifiable-but-slow-singleton.html#comment-1768

Hmm. Perhaps I should write an article too.

> My Database role integrates with DBIx::Simple currently.  Eventually, I
> would like to switch transactions to use DBIx::Connector as well.

Understood.

--
Ron Savage
http://savage.net.au/