---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jay Chen <jay.c...@nyu.edu>
Date: Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 8:46 PM
Subject: [TIER] DTL 2016 Summer Internships at NYU Abu Dhabi
To: t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu

Hi Everyone,

For the past few years I have offered summer internships to a handful
of outstanding students at the Design Technology Lab (DTL)
(http://sites.nyuad.nyu.edu/dtl/) in NYU Abu Dhabi. We are based out
of Abu Dhabi and we work actively in multiple countries including UAE,
Ghana, Bangladesh, and India. If you would like to work on an exciting
ICTD project with us over summer, this could be an interesting
opportunity.

Attached is a brief job description.

Cheers,
Jay Chen

DTL Summer 2015 Internship Job Description:

The Design Technology Lab (DTL) is looking for graduate student
interns for the summer of 2015. We are looking for students with good
engineering skills, an eye for design, and a strong interest in field
work.

The range of possible project areas are broad and include:
- Networking and networked systems

- Specific systems or interfaces for applications  in education,
finance, and health, and agriculture

- Large-scale data analysis, mining, and interactive visualization

Requirements:
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely
related field
- Facility in C/C++, Python, Java and/or analysis tools like Matlab

Depending on your summer schedule, the internship will run from 12-14 weeks.

This is a paid internship.
Only students who are eligible to work in the UAE should apply.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to nyuad....@gmail.com with the
subject: “DTL Summer Intern”.

The deadline to apply is March 5, 2015.

The Design Technology Lab is a multidisciplinary research center at
NYU Abu Dhabi (UAE). Our mission is to design technologies that
positively impact people’s lives. Within ICTD, our goal is to bring
services to rural communities including: access to education, finance,
health, and information services in rural areas. The DTL draws from a
broad multidisciplinary expertise available at the Center for
Technology and Economic Development (CTED), NYU, and NYU Polytechnic
Institute in economics, computer science, engineering, and design.