This is not very mavenish, and this kind of version number is not
OSGi-compatible.

I propose simply:
 0.62-SNAPSHOT
 0.70-SNAPSHOT
and when we want to do a release:
 0.62 then for other releases 0.62.1, 0.62.2
 0.70 then for other releases 0.70.1, 0.70.2
etc.

Even if, thinking it a bit deeper, this scheme does not really pass any information on the stability of the specific release (major, minor, maintenance). I guess it's a bit tricky and if we go for this route we should properly document our non standard versioning scheme (i.e. making clear that we follow the standard version).

Thanks,
Gab

Florent

--