There you go, I knew somebody would know.

"Richard M. Pruett" wrote:

 The 305 was a V-6 six offered in GMC pick-ups, light duty dumps and school buses from 1960 through 1967. The 305 was a big block and was bored out to 351, 371 ... up to a 471 cu. GM also had a 702 V-12 which was two 351's melded together. The 307 V-8 was offered in Chevy's from 1969 through 1975.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Paul O'Brien
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 10:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] i love muscle cars

Welcome to the list Kyle, you've come to the right place.
We all love muscle cars too.
I'm not totally positive, but I don't think they had 305's until well after 64.
It probably was a six, but not a 305.
Am I wrong guys?
Sorry Kyle, I'm 46 now and I'm still learning. (especially from these guys)
Paul
84 El Camino SS

eagle1978 wrote:

hi I am a 12 year old who loves muscle cars. I really hate stupid little imports and I really don't like to blow my ears out with music so I listen to old rock and roll and I am very mechanically inclined.I actually like to blow my ears out with the sound of open headers instead. that way I have an excuse.lol.I  think maybe I am a 40 year old stuck in a 12 year olds body.I kinda have realized that I am a very rare breed if you know what I mean. we have just bought a 64 300 which I hear is very rare. It has a bored 305 with headers.it currently needs a new a new carb.the float adj. is stripped and it needs to be rebuilt.we have stripped the int. where found that the floor boards are rotted and so is the trunk. all the quarters need to be replaced and so do the door skins. we also found that alot of the stuff is micky moused(it looks like some one my age did it).we are planning to do a g machine type thing with it. this will defiantly show the local Honda boys whose boss!we are going to paint it the original color 912 ice blue.also we have a problem with the vin. the one that is in the drivers side door jam says it was an original 6 cyl but the tag in the engine compartment says it is an 8 cyl.can someone help us with this please? and if anyone has any info on my model car can they please give me some info  thanks,Kyle m.