Yes center links do need replaced, the ball joint that
attaches to the pitman arm, and the one that attaches
to the idler arm wear out just like any other part of
the front supension.

 just price one, then you will see why they are not
included in the front end kit, they seem to run about
$175.00 throw that into the kit, and then the so
called afordable kits don't look so attractive.

But when your replacing the whole front suspension
whats another $175.00 when your safety is concerned.

Rocky